The Best Down Feather Pillows
Our Guide to Seeking the Best Down Pillow
Down pillows are some of the softest & most luxurious pillows. The finest down pillows come with a high price, but pillows that offer a mixture of both down & feathers can be equally as soft & luxurious.
There is no question that a down pillow will provide you with a comfortable, supportive your sleep. But how do you compare different models to seek the right one for you?
- Comfort Level: Do you want a firm / soft pillow? If you are looking for a pillow that’s soft as a cloud, 99% down is your best option and a lower fill power will give you extra cushioning. Whether you need more support, a blend of down & feathers with a higher fill power may be the better option.
- Quality: Quality is important with down pillows because you do not always get what you pay for. A lot of countries have strict regulations on down pillows to ensure that customers are buying pillows with down feathers, but not allcountries have this, so be wary of who & where you are buying from. If the pillow contains a blend of down & feathers, make sure that it doesn’t contain other material. If the percentages do not add up, there may be other fillers that are not listed.
- User Feedback: Some down pillows hold their shape for some years, while others go flat in some months. Someone has feather quills that poke through, while others are soft. The only way to really know if a pillow is high quality / a dud is to try it out firsthand. But user reviews can be only as helpful. If a pillow looks promising but has poor reviews, there is a good chance it is a low quality pillow that is not worth your hard-earned money.
The Best Down Feather Pillows Reviews
Puredown White Down Pillow – With 600 fill power & a filling weight of 19 ounces, this Puredown pillow is incredibly luxurious – surprisingly affordable. 2 pillows are included in the set, which are filled with white down. If that weren’t enough luxury for you, every pillow includes a 100%, 300-thread count cotton cover.
We love this pillow because it is incredibly soft, they come in pairs. The machine-washable, removable cover is a good addition. The pillow itself is dry-clean, so the cover makes it easy to let the pillow clean in between dry cleanings.
Filled with white goose down, these are 2 of your most comfortable pillows you will ever sleep on.
Puredown White Goose Feather & Down Pillow – If you are on a tighter budget, the White Goose Feather & Down pillow is a smart selection. These medium-density pillows are filled with 94% goose feather and 5% goose down. The goose feather lets for a firmer surface, while the down provides a luxurious, subtle softness that cradles your head, neck & shoulders.
Included are 2 pillows, every with a 233-thread count cover made of 100% cotton. The double-layered fabric cover supports prevent those pesky pricks you feel when sleeping on a feather pillow.
The great thing about this pillow is that it is affordable, and it is machine-washable, which means you save money on dry cleaning.
Better Down White Goose Down Pillow – Want a firm pillow, but do not want to sacrifice the luxurious feeling of 99% down? Better Down offers a 99% white goose down pillow that’s firm & boasts a 550-fill.
Made in the USA, the down pillow is enveloped in a 233-thread count, 99% cotton cover. Because of its firmness, this pillow is ideal for all types of sleepers.
Firm down pillows are hard to come by, so this is a rare seek. The only drawbacks with the pillow are its high price tag & the fact that you receive one pillow. With that said, the high fill count & 100% down make it worth every penny.
Double Down Surround Pillow by Pacific Coast – Back & side sleepers will love the Double Down Surround Pillow. Medium-firm, this pillow features an inner core layer of 95% feathers and an outer layer of 75% down.
The inner layer of feathers presents extra durability & resilience, while the layer of down presents luxurious comfort. With 550 fill power, the pillow is sturdy enough to supply side sleepers the support they need, while still providing the softness you would expect from a down pillow.
Because the pillow is primarily filled with features – not down – it is still machine washable, which makes it so easy to care for.
Modern Luxury White Goose Down Pillow – Offering a blend of 75% feathers & 25% white goose down, the Modern Luxury pillow is supportive & incredibly soft. Back & side sleepers will love the medium firmness this pillow offers and because it is hypoallergenic, you never should worry about allergies.
100% cotton, 320-thread count casing is included to stop any feather quills from poking through. The pillow is machine washable for exceptionally easy care.
The only gripe we had with the pillow was that it was available in queen size, which is not ideal for twin / full size beds. With that said, the pillow is exceptionally affordable & should still fit a full size bed with a little creative shaping.
Buyer’s Guide – How To Select From All the Top Rated Down Pillows on the Market & Find the Right One for You
Pillows listed above are some of the best on the market, but how do you narrow your selection down to just one? While your personal preferences can be a deciding factor, there’re other things you should consider, too, such as:
- Down vs Feather: One of the first & most important things is to consider what this pillow is filled with: down / feathers. Down is made of 100% down , while feathers contain the exterior feathers that are not quite as soft or insulating. Both 100% down & 100% feather pillows are available, you can choose a blend. Feather pillows tend to be firmer, while 100% down pillows do not offer as much support.
- Size: If you have a full size bed, you will need a full size pillow. Sleeping on a pillow which is too large / too small for your bed can be detrimental to your sleep worth, so make sure that you buy the right size.
- Budget: If you have a lot / a little to spend, you need to sit down & set a budget for your pillow. Down pillows can be expensive, so it is easy to overspend. Figure out how much you could comfortably spend and buy the best pillow you can get in your price range.
- Care: Is the pillow dry clean only or machine washable? Pillows are 100% down are typically dry clean only, but blends are machine washable. If you are not the type to visit the dry cleaners, a 100% down pillow may not be the best select for you.